Yoga props are tools that can be used to help modify poses and make them more accessible to your body. Here is a list of some common yoga props:
- Yoga Mat: Provides cushioning for your joints and a non-slip surface for your hands and feet.
- Yoga Blocks: Used to support the hands, feet, or seat in various poses.
- Yoga Straps: Used to help with flexibility by providing a deeper stretch, also helps to reach the toes or hands in certain poses.
- Yoga Blanket: Used to provide cushioning for the joints and support for the back, head, or legs in various poses.
- Yoga Bolster: Used to support the back, head, or legs in various poses and to help with relaxation.
- Yoga Pillow or cushion: Used to provide cushioning for the head or seat in various poses, also help to align the spine.
- Sandbag: Used to add resistance to poses, also helps to deepen the stretch.
It’s important to note that not all poses require props and some poses can be modified with household items like towels, pillows or blankets. Also, it’s always recommended to check with a teacher before using any prop, especially if you’re a beginner, to ensure the safe and proper use of it.