There are many different styles of yoga, each with their own unique focus and approach. Some of the most popular styles include:
- Hatha yoga: a general term that encompasses many different yoga styles, but typically refers to a slower-paced yoga class that focuses on basic postures and breathing techniques.
- Vinyasa yoga: a dynamic style of yoga that emphasizes flowing movement between postures, often set to music.
- Ashtanga yoga: a fast-paced and physically demanding style of yoga that follows a set sequence of postures.
- Bikram yoga: a style of yoga that is practiced in a room heated to 105°F (40°C) and follows a set series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises.
- Iyengar yoga: a style of yoga that emphasizes proper alignment and the use of props such as blocks and straps to assist in achieving the correct form.
- Kundalini yoga: a style of yoga that focuses on awakening the energy at the base of the spine and bringing it up through the chakras.
- Restorative yoga: a gentle style of yoga that uses props such as blankets, bolsters, and blocks to support the body in passive poses, allowing for deep relaxation.
- Yoga Nidra: a meditative practice that guides the practitioner through a state of consciousness between waking and sleeping, which is said to bring deep relaxation and healing.
- Prenatal Yoga
- Power Yoga
- Aerial Yoga
- Yin Yoga
- Face Yoga
This is not an exhaustive list but include the most popular styles of yoga.